Full truckload shipping involves freight that takes up an entire truck. That means if you're using truckload shipping, your freight will be the only one on the truck, and the truck is going straight from the origin to the destination.
Advantages of full truckload shipping
Full truckload shipping, depending on your origin, destination, and fuel cost, can help shipping realizes the following benefits:
- More backhaul opportunity: Drivers need to reduce deadhead, and high-volume destinations result in more backhaul opportunities.
- Lower cost for high-volume destination: Since more drivers are headed to high-volume destinations, they are encouraged to offer better rates to shippers with freight.
- Independent full truckload rates depend on distance, fuel costs, and lane. This explains that independent rates mean shippers have bargaining power with carriers and drivers, which help keep costs down.
- Full truckload is less expensive than less than truckload (LTL shipping services). This is because, with full truckload, there is only one place of pickup and drop off instead of multiple places.
- Full truckload shipping is also faster than other types of freight shipping. Since full truckload shipments are only traveling to one destination, fewer stops translate into a faster delivery time.
- Full truckload carries less risk than other modes of shipping. Your freight gets handled much less, and other marginal risks decrease from the time it takes to arrive at the destination. These benefits especially extend to perishable freight.
Full truckload shipping benefits by Diversified Transportation Services
Here at Diversified Transportation Services offers the following benefits for truckload freight:
- Coast to Coast coverage with over ten thousand carriers at our disposal.
- Leveraged purchasing abilities with national, regional and local carriers in our database.
- Business intelligence with our MassRater and Historical data analytics processes.
- Diligent safety standards and requirements.
- Cargo insurance options for excess cargo liability for high value shipments.
- Risk Management consulting for high-value shipments and or high claim frequency products.
- 24 – 7 online tracking and support when needed.
- Current Market Intelligence insight for trends to lower your overall logistical costs.
- Cargo monitoring and tracking technology.
There are an estimated 12 million trucks, rail cars, locomotives, and vessels on the transportation network to move goods. If you're in need one of these vessels to get your freight from one place to another, contact us at Diversified Transportation Services today. Whether you need the full truckload, LTL, or another kind of service, we can take care of your shipping needs.