Specifically Designed Process for Restaurant & Kitchen Clients, What Our Competition Calls “Challenging Deliveries”
DTS has been providing commercial kitchen and restaurant equipment transportation services for complicated shipments such as ovens, mixers, coolers, ice cream machines, display cases, water coolers, conveying lines, and many other items for over 15 years. Typically, commercial kitchen equipment freight shipping has challenges that need to be addressed prior to shipping since the delivery locations almost never have docks. At Diversified Transportation Services, we work to address those needs in advance to avoid problems when the restaurant equipment arrives at the delivery location.
- Pre-assessment of the shippers’ needs regarding LTL, flatbed, Air Ride, no-transfer, or other requirements.
- Pre-assessment of the consignees needs prior to arrival. Many times door frames may or may not provide the proper width and or rigging companies may need to be coordinated with proper unloading equipment.
- Time definitive deliveries to ensure that the business is not shut down for longer than is absolutely necessary.
- Post-assessment of the consignee’s equipment delivery.
- Coordinated liftgate deliveries of oversize or overweight pieces. May include forklifts that need to be rented and coordinated with the installers.
- Daily tracing to ensure the transit time will meet the installer’s time frames.
- International shipping on replacement parts when necessary. We can move parts from 5 lbs. to virtually any weight that you may need shipped. This includes complete machines as well as parts.
- Supplemental insurance is available when standard liability limitations exceed a carrier’s existing policies in place.
- We have the resources to get virtually any commercial kitchen delivery coordinated, because the odds are that we have already done something similar to your challenge that you may currently have.
- We regularly attend industry trade shows such as the IBIE as well due to our client’s requests.