Managed Transportation is the process by which a shipper, manufacturer, or payer of goods works very closely with a Logistics Provider such as DTS to handle the day to day functions in a company’s supply chain.
Those items typically include the following:
- Sourcing and Procurement with regards to best in class carrier selection to meet the clients Key Performance Indicators – KPI’s
- LTL – Expedited – Tradeshow – Truckload – Specialty verticals – DHL Express
- Carrier Optimization and Rate Management Integrations
- Order Management Flow Process – Integrated API Platform from our TMS (Transportation Management System) to our clients for order flow and transfer
- Freight Auditing
Technology Innovations to Drive Down Costs
- DTS implements proprietary technology with its LTL TMS platform to determine best overall cost and transit times to meet the clients’ need.
- Implementing API’s to our clients SAP, Oracle, or custom built WMS to speed order flow and the translation of the shipments ready for pick up. This process reduces unnecessary phone calls and emails and we feed that data from our TMS to our carrier’s portals for electronic carrier dispatching.